We've now been in America for 6 days. Internet efficiency is mind blowing! And I haven't pumped water in many days...but that's not the point today.
It's happened twice now when two good friends came over with their kids and I am (still) in my pj's. And I didn't change for the rest of the day. Other than being too disoriented to make time for important things like being dressed for friends, my clothes are (still) in a pile in my room. The process of getting the 14 suitcases unpacked involved a few hours with the kids entertained with grandma while hubby and I threw our belongings here and there. It's called Almost Unpacked. So the mess from one suitcase became another messy pile in our room. And those are the clothes I should be wearing when friends come over. But being in transition sometimes means sloppy for a bit and so I swallow my pride and take another sip of Diet Coke. I'm surprised that I haven't stepped inside Starbucks yet (though I have been given two latte's. Thank you!) Everyday I remind myself--one step at a step. Jet-lag is also getting a bit easier though the kids seem to have already pushed through it and that means Shane isn't napping as consistently--drat that. The boys are (still) wrestling--that's shows they are normal, I guess. But our Asha has become so attached to daddy that when she's not in his arms she's sobbing because he's not wrestling with her too (Princess!). Today I purchased a double-seater stroller--one that I have been wishfully wanting since children turned my world upside-down four years ago, and yesterday a friend dropped off a changing table (I've been changing diapers on beds for years). Now who's the princess?!
Transition. It's PJ's, yawning and red eyes, friends dropping in, used or borrowed items, a new groove, some old grooves, where can I buy cheap milk and bread?, we are That Family with mismatched socks, mismatched many things, a few things right and peanut butter. No wait. That's always.
Transition. You scare me, but you are welcome.
It's happened twice now when two good friends came over with their kids and I am (still) in my pj's. And I didn't change for the rest of the day. Other than being too disoriented to make time for important things like being dressed for friends, my clothes are (still) in a pile in my room. The process of getting the 14 suitcases unpacked involved a few hours with the kids entertained with grandma while hubby and I threw our belongings here and there. It's called Almost Unpacked. So the mess from one suitcase became another messy pile in our room. And those are the clothes I should be wearing when friends come over. But being in transition sometimes means sloppy for a bit and so I swallow my pride and take another sip of Diet Coke. I'm surprised that I haven't stepped inside Starbucks yet (though I have been given two latte's. Thank you!) Everyday I remind myself--one step at a step. Jet-lag is also getting a bit easier though the kids seem to have already pushed through it and that means Shane isn't napping as consistently--drat that. The boys are (still) wrestling--that's shows they are normal, I guess. But our Asha has become so attached to daddy that when she's not in his arms she's sobbing because he's not wrestling with her too (Princess!). Today I purchased a double-seater stroller--one that I have been wishfully wanting since children turned my world upside-down four years ago, and yesterday a friend dropped off a changing table (I've been changing diapers on beds for years). Now who's the princess?!
Transition. It's PJ's, yawning and red eyes, friends dropping in, used or borrowed items, a new groove, some old grooves, where can I buy cheap milk and bread?, we are That Family with mismatched socks, mismatched many things, a few things right and peanut butter. No wait. That's always.
Transition. You scare me, but you are welcome.
5 comments:
Haha ha! Cheap milk and bread, that's a good one. We buy bread at Costco only. Not sure if you do organic milk or not, but Fred Meyer has $4.99 gallons all the time. Changing diapers on beds always used to strain my neck and back, hope the changing table is giving you some relief. Wish i'd have known you wanted a double stroller, i am about to sell one i've had and hardly used, but i would have just given it to you. Welcome home!
Please tell me the 3:19 am time that my computer shows your blog was posted isn't accurate :) That might help with the transition...oh wait! You're a nursing mom again, aren't you? So maybe it's accurate after all. Sorry Bella had a hard time traveling. I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE. I love you!!
P.S. I'm still in my pjs, too :)
Hi Libby,
My name is Rachael Stutzman. My husband, Andy, and our three children, Emma 9, Will 6, and Lucy 2, are contemplating a move to Hyderabad. I stumbled across your blog while searching out info on this city. I really enjoyed reading it and getting a "mom" perspective on life in another country. Also couldn't believe you are in Portland. My husband works for Xerox in Wilsonville, and we live in the town of Silverton, just about 50 miles from Portland! If you have some time once you are more settled I would love to hear back from you...
Rachael
Rachel,
Please send me your email id. I think my hubby may have your hubby's but i'd love to talk to you as well personally. Forgive my very long delay!
Libby,
Don't worry about the delay at all! I am sure you are extremely busy these days. You can email me at: rachael@stutzmanplace.com I look forward to chatting with you...
Rachael
Post a Comment