I refuse to believe blogs aren't being read anymore. For many of us, even for those of us who aren't as usual as we'd aspire to be, writing must be done in order to breath. So as long as writers are breathing, there will be blogs.
But that's not what I'm here to say.
We've been in America for a little over one month now. India is very very far away. It's been another long day with the kids so I don't have the emotional capacity to explain why it is that India is so very far from America on this big huge world. But it is.
But this is also true. If you and I have spent time together drinking tea, comparing notes in child rearing, meeting for brunches or meals when the kids are asleep, if we've prayed or cried together, if we've shopped together, if you've delivered my children, if we've shared a moment, if we've shared a meal on the floor or shared slices of pizza, if you know my journey to here and were with me there, I miss you. I know what it's like to have friends leave. They leave, you stay and distance can get the best of you. I need you to know that you are in my heart. My little Indian-born children have your country running in their blood. They will return to their homeland and love you as I have loved as you well.
Distance is a dreadful thing. It can begin to tell lies, that those living on opposite sides no longer can be in each others lives.But trust in me and I will trust in you. Let there be a mutual understanding that distance will not sour us for one another. When you think about America, think of me. When I think of India, I will pray for you (if that's okay with you). My words means different things to different people. I understand that perfectly well. I think of you and remember our conversations and I know that I am very much who I am today not only because of you but because of the country you introduced me to. Thank you for the introduction.
Good morning India. I remember you often and always.
But that's not what I'm here to say.
We've been in America for a little over one month now. India is very very far away. It's been another long day with the kids so I don't have the emotional capacity to explain why it is that India is so very far from America on this big huge world. But it is.
But this is also true. If you and I have spent time together drinking tea, comparing notes in child rearing, meeting for brunches or meals when the kids are asleep, if we've prayed or cried together, if we've shopped together, if you've delivered my children, if we've shared a moment, if we've shared a meal on the floor or shared slices of pizza, if you know my journey to here and were with me there, I miss you. I know what it's like to have friends leave. They leave, you stay and distance can get the best of you. I need you to know that you are in my heart. My little Indian-born children have your country running in their blood. They will return to their homeland and love you as I have loved as you well.
Distance is a dreadful thing. It can begin to tell lies, that those living on opposite sides no longer can be in each others lives.But trust in me and I will trust in you. Let there be a mutual understanding that distance will not sour us for one another. When you think about America, think of me. When I think of India, I will pray for you (if that's okay with you). My words means different things to different people. I understand that perfectly well. I think of you and remember our conversations and I know that I am very much who I am today not only because of you but because of the country you introduced me to. Thank you for the introduction.
Good morning India. I remember you often and always.
No comments:
Post a Comment