Thursday, August 07, 2008

Kinda-Waiting

Doesn't time stand still when you have to Wait? My friend Liana had to Wait an extra 7 days for her first-born baby girl to arrive--for her, the waiting felt like eternity! Another friend had to Wait three extra days for the blood-work results from the hospital--another eternity of Waiting. My mom visits in 2.5 weeks and sometimes it feels like August 23rd is never gonna come.
We just waited 11 days for our Internet connection to get "rebooted." Whatever, whoever, no matter the reasons why, we're finally back and running. Man, that felt like eternity.

I'm not waiting for an Internet connection any longer. And life goes on--of course how can it not with a toddler and an always hungry husband? But, the anticipation of meeting Baby 2 does surface more and more these days. So while we kinda-wait, I spend my time...
....very 9 months pregnant and enjoying the evenings playing karoom with Ben. It's a great fun game like pool, only you use your fingers instead of a large stick.
...continuing in sewing lessons from All Knowing Melanie. She is The Guru of sewing. An amazing artist who's first lesson was in threading a needle. I was humbled. We started with alterations (I get to use my creative side for this and really enjoy it) and our next project is the curtains.


...reading. We read. All day. Every day. Shane is obsessed with books, and since daddy taught him noises for virtually every animal on the planet, "reading" involves chirping, mooing, meowing, slapping (beavers), stamping, crooning, and the list goes on.
We're still waiting for mom's visit in 2.5 weeks and waiting to see if Baby 2 will come early or come on his/her exact due date (Sept 7th) like Big Brother Shane did or just linger a bit. The baby room is just about ready--just need a diaper bin and a place to put all those extras that pile up with newborns. But I feel That Need (aka nesting) to be ready for anything at any time.
I think I'll go read a book. I mean other than The Wonderful House, or The Cow Can Moo Can You?, or My Thanksgiving Prayer. For this waiting will soon be over.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Oooh, I used to play Karums (spelling?) with my brother when I was a kid. And I used to sew too. Which I don't miss at all. :)

We're waiting with you!

Amber said...

I hope he/she comes on Sept 7th. That's my birthday! It's a good day to be born. :o)

AmberC

Danielle said...

You're getting so close! I sure understand the waiting game. If you go according to when we were accepted by America World, I have now been pregnant for 11 months. Now THAT is a long pregnancy! I wish I could read with you and Shane!

XO, Danielle