Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wakefulness

Today Shane experienced the most amount of hours of wakefulness that he's ever had in his entire 9 months of living. He has officially left nap three behind, and low and behold, is now able to stay awake for more than 1.5 hours. For the last 9 months, I have spent my days napping Shane all day, every day, every 1.5 hours. On the dot. I wish I was exaggerating but I am not. That meant running errands was nearly impossible, taking time out with friends was likewise unless they came to my house and taking time to "get out" was a good hit and miss. I worked hard to get him back into his crib at the sight of that first yawn... which happened On The Clock, every 1.5 hours.

But today he was awake for THREE hours. I'm still numb with this reality and my mind is already whirling with all the fun things we can do together, how I can actually take....my....time....at the grocery store with him in the sling... oh my mind is whirling. This is a new chapter for us. I am looking forward to it. I know, I know I sound romantic about it.

But it Feels romantic. At least for today.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hooray again! I remember the transition from 1.5 to 3. Now, we're pushing 4-6...but I don't want to give up two naps! :(