Periodically returning to the USA is an important thing for our family to do. It's a priority to see family and friends, to reconnect and re-evaluate. Among other things, this fall we loved seeing the bright colors of the leaves and visiting our favorite beaches.It's when we actually return to all things we love like family, friends, beaches and kite flying that we actually remember why it is that we left. Seems contradictory, I know.
Why did we leave? We moved because it's what we were created to do. Who we are created to be. Where we are created, at this time in history, to live. We aren't heroes. We haven't sacrificed our happiness. And we aren't special. We are living our dreams, loving our lives, hearing our laughter, reading our histories, walking this path, running this race, living out Love. We just so happen to be doing so, in India.
We went because at this time in our lives, at this place in history and in this moment of time, we belong here. For now, today. And when we return to the USA all this Truth comes flooding back and we remember why.

5 comments:
Isn't is so great when you have that peace from HIM about where He has placed you? I'm so glad you guys are living your dream, it challenges me to do the same.
I have a special request, Libby... I would reeeeely love to hear more about your days growing up in Borneo. Pictures, stories, anything!
Libby we are so happy to see youliving out the life you were called to. Seeing you was a great reminder to us of why we love you so much :) I treasure the time we shared and all the stories told and untold. It was a beatiful reunion, and amazing to spend time with your little guy Shane - I absolutley love that kid :)
When the dust settles (I know that's impossible in India, but pretend)let's skype. Love you!
oops, sorry for all the typo's I didn't proof my entry :)
Thanks Dawn; I WILL do that. Therea are actually many stories to tell... thanks for the jump-start :)
BEAUTIFUL...the pictures and words....and you.
Post a Comment