Thursday, April 05, 2007

Lapping It Up

The last two days have been very special. Because...

I'm back in the pool! The natural high from exercise, particularly running and swimming, is my favorite way to start the day.

Shane is sleeping through the night so from 6:30-9:00 a.m. my window of opportunity to hit the pool presents itself. He wakes up, feeds, then lays down for one final night-time sleep. Ben ushers me out the door, "Go, go, go!" I grab my suit, cap, and goggles. Within minutes I'm at the pool and lapping it up. Just like it used to be, four months ago.

Only the last time I was there, I was thinking of names for our baby and losing count of the number of laps in the process. The last swim I took was three days before Shane was born, and I remember the tug and pull in my waist as his little body rocked with the flow of the strokes.

It's only been two days since I've jumped back in and I hope to make this a part of my morning routine. I'm not counting laps yet, that'll come later. For now I'll count the time. Now if I can just convince the pool manager to allow a baby in the pool with me. I can't wait to take Shane swimming, to teach him to love and respect the water. I hope at month three, next month, I'll be able take him. We have swimming nappies, and even water wings for future use. It's gonna be great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Libby,
Both of girls are considered water babies. They love it. I can't keep them out of it when they see it. Lindsey gets so excited. It is a fun sport and it is good to teach them to love the water early on. Keep up the good work MOM. Love you guys The Robbins Family

Catherine said...

Hey Libby! Sounds soooo nice. Teach me how to teach a baby to swim. My husband was an ocean lifeguard in California, so he can't wait for Asher to be swimable either. But how and when?