Monday, March 26, 2007

Wow. Nuf said.

I just changed a diaper that changed my life.

Some mothers pass onto their children qualities of good character, humor, or fine looks. I have passed on certain attributes to my son as well. One of which is constipation. Yes, indeed.

Shane does have the "recommended" number of wet diapers per day. But soiled and dirty diapers? Maybe every 4-5 days. And today was day five. Need I mention the fact that because he's "storing up," the golden day is truly a life changing experience.

This is too much information, I understand. But hey, that's the poop folks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lib,

You're giving me SOOO much to look forward to, five and a half more months . . . to poopy diapers and sleepless nights. I CAN'T WAIT!! Thanks for the heads up :-)

Love ya,

Rachel

Courtney O. said...

yeah. Brooklyn was the same way, still struggles with constipation.. and yikes, scary diapers when she was little!
Wheat germ and soy milk made her life a little easier although not altogether constipation free.
glad to hear that you guys are doing well!

The Russells said...

I feel just a little bit sick.

Catherine said...

Ah yes. I understand completely. There was one day a few weeks ago where he actually ended up pooping several days worth INTO MY HAND. It was a really interesting clean up time. Have fun Libs!!

Dawn Coleman said...

Haha!! Each age brings its own poop "accidents". They go down in family baby poop lore. You'll have names for them pretty soon... like "remember the poop explosion of 2004" oh yeah, that was a good one! hehee... :-)

Linger said...

Hi Libby,

I'm a friend of the Sanders, and Jenn told me (Chris) and my wife (Laura) about your blog and your new addition (Shane) to the fam. Congrats!

Our daughter, Ava, who is 4 months old, sometimes poops so much that it breaks down the dam and opens the floodgates to her back. We call those "blow-outs" and Ava smiles after every single one. :-)

Happy changing!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're still reading these, b/c I have a suggestion.

A girlfriend of mine has a baby with the problem you describe, and she found the "infant potty training" (or at least poopy training) was great for her.

Her son caught on very quickly, and going over a pot is apparently less-painful than in the diaper (with this kind of poop) so it worked really well for them.

Just a suggestion.