Ben and I returned a few hours ago from Chennai where Shane's "birth abroad" certificate was finalized along with his American passport. It's good to know our son has officially been born.
Though we were out of town on business, the three day get-away felt like a vacation for a handful of reasons.
- We stayed in a hotel in a room with AC.
- We had 24 hour electricity. That never went out. Not once.
- We had hot water (that was hot for other reasons other than being heated by the sun)
- We had hot water running from taps.
- We had hot water running from the shower.
- We had showers.
- We had room service (cheapcheapcheap)
- I didn't have to cook!
- Internet access was super fast.
- I wore Western clothing and didn't feel out of place.
- No mosquitoes.
- No cockroaches.
- No tiny biting ants.
- No dust.
- No falling coconut.
- Did I mention I didn't have to cook?
While we were standing with our feet in the ocean prepared to capture Shane's very first beach experience, our video camera shut down because of "condensation" from the humidity. So much for a captured moment.
Though we'll miss (really miss) those showers with a water pressure that gives more than a trickle, it's good to be home. More importantly, it's good that Shane's finally been born.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Shane!
bg
Happy birthday to you!
Hot showers with good water pressure would be a treat at my place, too, thanks to our zillion-year-old plumbing. That sounds like a wonderful vacation.
Post a Comment