Monday, August 14, 2006

Girl Friends Rock

Since 1999 when my friends and I graduated from college, we've gathered together every year. The reunion started in West Palm, Florida, and recently shifted to Lake Michigan. Eleven of us from all over the United States come for one week. It's pure bliss, pure sun, pure ocean/lake waters, and most of all, tons of talking. During this week, I am totally ME. The masks are put away.

This Saturday, the girls will begin our week-long tradition. Menu's have been planned, a craft or two planned, most likely Cara will bring a work-out DVD, Mer is toting her kayak from Indiana, and sadly this year Julie will have to leave behind her favorite Starbucks espresso machine due to limited space. It will be a week of lazy mornings and late nights, probably some tears, gaggles of laughter, practical jokes, sunning, swimming, journaling, worshipping, long walks, long talks, jogs and great food.

Girl friends rock.

Girls, I will MISS being with you this year, but not in the least does my heart begrudge you--there is no room in my heart for that! What happens during this week is magical. Have an awesome week.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Libby!

I found your blog via Kim G. I am new to the blogging world, but have to tell you--I'm hooked already! What a great way to keep in touch with others! I have thought about you many times since our last visit. It will be good to check back in with you and keep up to date! Glad I found you!

Cheryl T.

Danielle said...

What a perfect completion (as perfect as 6000 miles apart can be) to our precious circle of friends to hear your voice last night. You make me so happy and you have been quite right on predictions. Although some news I could not have predicted....This has been an early morning filled with itchy chigger bites and a quiet house, but the beauty of here is I can go back to bed at my choosing...which is the direction I will soon be heading as soon as I catch up on your blogs. I miss and love you so much....constant vigilance on those roads!!!