Monday, August 21, 2006

Buffalo Hips

I am learning to drive in India. I am in fact, driving in India. I drove an automatic in the USA for the last 13 years. Today I drive a stick-shift behind the sauntering hips of a buffalo.

For the last three days on my way home from the pool, I am suddenly stopped by the suddenly stopped car in front of me. He lays on the horn, and after a quick movement manuvers around the wide hips of a buffalo. I follow likewise. Yesterday two camels and eight nocked-knees were an added bonus to these driving lessons.

So don't ask me to turn the car around in a small, cramped alley-way, or never kill the car when I am shifting gears, or parallel park on an awkward bend in the road. But do put me behind the hips of a water buffalo and I'll demonstrate first-rate, second-nature driving abilities.

Anybody need a ride?

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!! Glad to learn this heading was not directed at any human...no one deserves that.