Sunday, July 08, 2012

Sunday Mornings

Good morning Sunday morning. I know my day already. I know the kids haven't slept in and we'll have a good four hours before church and I always struggle with filling the time, Sunday mornings. But we have great community so it's always nice to see that "family" on Sunday morning. I know family members are coming over this afternoon... That'll be nice, and then a few hours later time will stand still as we remember a friend at his memorial. Your Word brings Light and Life into these places and shadows of life. You bring meaning to loss even though loss itself cannot be understood. This verse is taped to my journal that takes up my morning thoughts. Psalm 143:8 "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." It would be wise not to continue my day without the Word of God bringing meaning to meaningless and sense into senselessness. My flesh is strong and I am capable of endless sinful acts and thoughts some of which my family members feel the sharpest. But His word gives that direct and that life. I am eager to know my Savior. I am eager to know the power of His resurrection and what that power is all about. Life most certainly isn't about me. Psalm 5:1-3 "Give ear to my words oh Lord, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning o Lord you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my request before you and wait in expectation."

No comments: