Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Shed this skin.

Lord, my heart is good. My heart aches to display your glory but it is more than I seem able to do. I want to shed this human skin and put on your own. And yet my flesh speaks for itself, and so loudly! It screams for my attention. Your voice is drowned out in spite of my best efforts. Sometimes I actually do the right thing and I have to leave the results in your hands. I question myself...my motives are good, my heart is right as I stand before you, and yet I know that because we are still bound to earth my humanness will get in the way. And so I need your grace to cover those moments. Argh! Oh Holy Spirit I am weak and stained. I am asking for your covering, for I know that in the shadow of your wings I find rest and strength. I desire to keep refining these sharp edges. Oh Lord! I know you wish to rid me of qualities that keep me from you and keep others from experiencing your love as well. Shed this skin. It's just a blanket for my earthly life. Do not hesitate to bring up my weaknesses, but if and when you do, do not dare to leave my side because I cannot take on the strength of the sinful nature without your presence. My heart is good Lord. But standing in your presence I see that even my best efforts are stained. Shed my skin, this earthly, stained skin.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Sigh.... I know the feeling. Beautifully said.