Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Going to School--my first born is off!

Could that smile be any bigger??
Today is Shane's first day of school.

We are late in entering the school year due to some "distractions" in the last six months. But it's nursery class or "2.5 hours a day of playing with teachers and 25 new friends." So the staff is relaxed about Shane entering late. The most exciting thing Of All is the uniform he gets to wear twice a week. We love the uniform. Shane because it's new clothes and me because it's one less choice in the morning.

If my belly gets too big towards the end of this pregnancy or if I'm too uncomfortable or just get tired of the traffic the little yellow school bus can pick him and drop him off at our front door. Otherwise our new normal is me driving Shane to school at 8:30 every morning, sometimes with Lukie still in his pj's, while hubby naps baby Asha. I drop Shane off but first double-check if he has to go pee-pee right now then drive home so hubby can take off for the office. I nap the little ones/feed them/change diapers/snack them/sooth them/play, read and stimulate their brains, then return to school with one, none or both (Rani our house helper is at the house) pick up Shane and come home in time for lunch. Then we pile into beds for naps/quiet time/my coveted alone time. I'm still adjusting to this part of being That Mom.

There will be plenty of changes in our new normal and I anticipate that some I will love and some I may not. More than anything, today I am very grateful for the perfect timing of my son's first day of school and that his first day went well. That in itself has left a good impression of what is to come. He's all growed up!

No comments: