My scar stares up at me. I am reminded of this journey that is etching itself little by little, inch by inch into my past.The pain is much less and the mystery has been solved. But it's not yet over. The scar reminds me of that.
Most people will not see TB when they look at me. Especially now that my limp is barely noticeable. The doctors can only say that some how the TB got into my body bypassing my lungs and then set up camp and did its damage in the weak place of my leg.
When you see the scar on my leg, you see the hand of TB.
But there are scars that the naked eye cannot detect at first sight......
So, I have been...Quiet. Breathing. Processing. Wondering aloud how much to pour out. Healing from the inside out.
4 comments:
I hope you feel okay soon.
Greetings to you, Ben, Shane, Lukas and Asha.
Shikha
Hi Libby,
I accidentally came to your blog and since then am addicted to it. I love your children. They are sooooooooooo cute. I enjoy reading your experiences in India.
Wish you a very speedy recovery and hope you can post more regularly :).
Take care,
Vandana
Breathing is good, Libby. Let it pour out when it is ready.
I'm so glad you have a time and a place to retreat and recuperate.
Post a Comment