In an email to a few friends, I have said...
Hi friends,
I know some of you know this already but for you who do not, just wanted you to be informed about today (your tomorrow, Thurs). I will be going to a local hospital for minor surgery to remove this infection which refuses to be healed through medication. The infection is still a mystery—how did I get it? The original injury I suffered from the fall two months ago—a torn thigh and hamstring muscle—‘seeped’ part of itself into a pocket or cavity on the side of my leg and became, what is believed to be, infected. You know how I hate my legs as it is!, it’s really ugly now. Swollen, red, hot, and angry. I am told this is a simple procedure, but to me I still have to wear a mask and get cut. The scar will not be very “aesthetic” looking I am told so I’ll win in the “see my scar” category which is always good. While I am anxious and nervous, I am at the same time relieved to be finding relief from this pain and infection. It’s been festering for quite some time. Today it will be scrapped out—the pocket is quite large—and won’t take too long. I am nervous about Asha as I am the only one feeding her currently. We will buy formula and I will pump if I can figure it out. She may only miss one or two feedings. I.am hearing things like “recovery will take 3-4 weeks” and “packing the open wound” and “stuffing the deep wound with gaze”—stuff I’d rather not know. I am told the recovery will be “pain free” and I will be able to walk without the cane, though the two days after recovery will be excoriating as the open wound (aka—exposed muscle) is dressed and attended too. The boys will be cared for by friends while we’re gone for a few hours and meals have been planned already to be dropped off. We have a good team on our sideJ.
My heart is restless this morning anticipating the unknowns. But I know that tomorrow the procedure will be over, I’ll have a large wound on my leg, and I’ll probably be eating a home cooked meal. These are the things that will inevitably happen. Oh and the boys will be fighting too. So in the meantime, I’m gonna eat my mango and drink my chai because it’s 5 am and soon the house will be awake.
Thanks for thinking of us today.
Libs
3 comments:
Saying a prayer for you right now! (And for baby Asha and the feeding, because I know that is huge to you even if it isn't to the folks taking care of you.)
Praying for you, Libby!
Kiki's mom ;-)
P.S. Idol isn't the same without you :-D Did you hear Cath has Benjamin voting now, too?
How are you feeling, Libby? Thinking and praying for you.
Post a Comment