Wednesday, September 16, 2009
48 hours and best friends
In 48 hours I will be heading to a smallish cabin in Hood River OR, where myself and 10 of my best friends from college will be gathering for the next 6 days. This will be our 10th gathering. Last year I missed out being in India, and the year before that I brought baby Shane along. This year I am stateside and therefore able to go and this year the only baby joining me is The One in the womb. I leave Shane and Lukas with an achy heart though they are in good hands between my folks and husband. Not having small children along means many things but mostly it means I will be able to start and complete a conversation, paint my toe nails, drink a latte', read a book, sleep in (sleep in!??!!), linger over breakfast....all in one day! It will be a bit odd but I'll warm up to it.. just in time for the retreat to end! But for now it's time for bed. The sleeping in bit has not quite yet started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow Wow Wow!!!! I honestly can't imagine!!!! I hope it is wonderfully rejuvenating.
Have so much fun! You deserve it, and you will warm up to sleeping in a lot sooner than the last day:)
Enjoy your time lib!
Post a Comment