In 4 1/2 weeks the Spotts, big and little, are returning to America. We are visiting America to be specific and our visit will last three months. Although the prep-work for such a trip is quite tedious and the journey itself across the oceans is long (that's an understatement),we are excited for July 14th to arrive.
When we left America 3 1/2 years ago, I was very much a newly wed of one year. We celebrated our second anniversary in the theatre and the movie screen burned up with only 15 minutes left of the show. We treated ourselves to Subway as it's one place I can get a green salad. Later my husband surprised me with a necklace that by Indian tradition represents our marriage (gold with black beads). We zoomed around town on the motorcycle. I love those rides.
We returned to America on a similar visit as the one coming up, 1 1/2 years ago. I left America a newly wed and returned with baby Shane. It was a busy busy time and way to short.
This time, the three months will zoom by once more. And this time, instead of one we return with two children. We've now been married five years and with that have grown in our marriage and depth of understanding in one another (still as quirky as ever though!). I still order Subway salads and we now own the DVD of the movie we saw on our second anniversary. I rarely zoom around on the motorcycle anymore but instead opt for our four-door stick-shift.
Returning to America. I know some things will have changed, while still others remaine exactly the same as if never been touched. I wonder even now what about America has stuck in me, what lingers, and what is far far gone.
America.
3 comments:
I can't imagine all your reflecting on and thinking about. I can't wait to see you. I love you.
Hey lib! Looking forward to seeing you!
Enjoy your trip - I'm sure there are many eager to see you and meet your baby! We just got off that plane, and it's a doozy, so this morning I'm praying that you'll have fantastic flight attendants and nice people sitting in front of you!
Post a Comment