My childhood memories are filled with the hugs and kisses and affectionate snuggles from my mom. Thank you for showing me the power of a loving touch and passing that on to me so I can pass that on as well (even if my first born does have be prompted with "Kiss mama now?").
I love you everyday Mom, and today on the eve of Mother's Day, I appreciate you with an awareness for all you've done with the munchkins in our house. My children are an extension of you just as much as they are of me.
I don't always get it right, but when I do it's because of how you've given of yourself to your children. And every bit of me loves you. Even the bits and pieces on the floor. Especially on the floor.
2 comments:
This may be a weird thing to say, but I think its amazing and when you said that your children are an extension of your mom I thought of it. Do you realize that your sons were, in part, in YOUR mother's womb? Since we, the Mommy, have had our eggs since we were babes in the womb, that means that half of our own children began and were nurtured inside our own moms. This is really huge for me, as I realize how much impact each generation has on the next...and the next. Thank God for our faithful moms.
Sweet thoughts, Libby. Thank you for sharing! It's quite hard for me to play on the floor these days, being 6 months pregnant with a very painful tailbone, but I will try some more. =)
Post a Comment