A childhood friend of mine passed away tragically and suddenly on Saturday. She was 31 years old. While nursing her one-week old baby an "awful" feeling passed through her body. An emergency crew was called. But her life could not be saved and her husband and three children have had to say goodbye. They say it was a blood clot and not even a doctor could have detected it. Rachel left this world so young, so lovely, and left so young and lovely a family.
One week ago as Rachel gave birth to a baby girl, her body pushed life and new breath into this world. She offered herself entirely, vibrant and miraculous, and in that a baby was born. Tell me why then, can within one weeks time her own life-giving body deny her her own life, deny her her one last breath and withhold from her her own future?
How can that which was so very very alive one moment, be so very very gone the next?
There are times that no sense in this lifetime can be made. At such times, there is no other choice but to believe in the presence of a God who knew it all.
Many people loved you. Thank you for sharing yourself with so many. My childhood friend Rachel.
8 comments:
Oh Libby I am so sorry! I have nre to say then If you need anything let us know!! Love and prayers are coming your way from the Robbins Family!!!
Oh no, Libby! I cannot even imagine the pain this family is going through. It just makes me sick. I will be praying for them...and you. I love you so much. I can't wait to see you this late summer/early fall.
Oh, Libby. I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you my dear friend.
Wow. I am so sorry. How I wish I could lend you laughter in your time of grief. This week marked the anniversary of a dear friend I lost tragically while living in India and all I wanted was to be around others who knew and loved her. I am so sorry for your pain and do pray for you today as you sort through this tragic, confusing, heartwrenching plan of our/your/her loving abba.
Libs I am so sorry to hear about Rachel. I was out of the country when this all occurred and had no access to email, so I am so sorry to be late on sending my condolences to you and her family. Please know that I will be praying for your ache in your heart, and more so for her family she left behind. I pray that her legacy of life will be passed on to those whom loved her.
Love you!
I'm so sorry, Libby
Oh Libby, I'm so sorry. I think a lot about the risk women take when having babies...I"m so sorry you've come face to face with it.
Love you.
Libby, So sorry to hear this. It makes it so personal when it is your childhood friend. And that you have two little ones yourself. God's peace to you, and to her family.
Post a Comment