I've been focusing on the book of Romans for the last few months. Actually I'm reading it aloud to Shane in the mornings while we play outside--squeezing it in you could say. I keep going back to chapter 12 where Paul, the author of this letter writes on love. I'm learning what love looks and acts like. In an effort to practice love which "must be sincere" (12:9) I see the following as ways to participate in this incredibly difficult thing to do..
Be joyful in hope,
patient in affliction,
faithful in prayer (v.12)
I think these are extensions of loving myself and others better. Hopeful with friends in their pain and making them laugh (when appropriate), patient with myself and others over each our inner battles, and faithful to pray for others and self, when I give that promise. This is just a handful of practical ways to love with sincerity in my life.
I know I have a part to play.
2 comments:
How cool! I wish I could have a conversation with you about what God is showing me lately with my hubby in regards to love. I forgot about this verse. It's absolutely perfect. I fit in Bible reading (when I do) while nursing. Us moms have to get creative. I love your idea. I'm holding little miss Selah on my lap as I type this. THought I'd say hi to a precious friend around the world!
I love Romans. Good for you!
Post a Comment