Tuesday, December 23, 2008

This is your wrapping-presents break

For those in the middle of this season's madness, and I know it's out there even though we can't feel it on this side, this is your coffee-break. Just before you head out the door to another Christmas party, wrap one more gift, or drain another peppermint latte', snuggle down for a (quick and worthwhile!) update about the Spotts kiddos. I know Christmas is two days away and you have cookies to sprinkle. So,....

As a baby, Shane had three protest squeaks:
1. "What the?!... you're leaving me to learn how to nap... alone!? Okay. I'm fine."
2. "I'm hungry."
3. "I think I'm a bit upset with you but I'm not sure why."

Luke.. oh, the Luke-man. This is his gamete of protest cries.
1. "What the!?? You're not really leaving... what the?.. she left, she really left!"
2. "I miss youououoououououououuuouou."
3. "Feed me me me me me food food food me food."
4. "A stranger is holding me and she isn't mommy doesn't smell like mommy doesn't look like mommy don't want."
5. "Feed me NOW."
6. "But you're not HOLDING me. Why are you sitting SO FAR away. Closer. Come closer. No closer."
7. "But what about ME."
8. "Once the world was lost and dark and now you're near.. and... hey, why am I crying?"

Oh I LOVE these boys and wouldn't have my easy-going vs. mama's-boy any other way!
Happy merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

SO funny! Sounds kind of like my number one and number two--although my number two's fussiness probably had more to do with his highly sensitive body and acid reflux! I wasn't taking a wrapping break, though,I was taking a pumping break :) It's NASTY today--RAINING on Christmas Eve. I had to go to Wal-Mart and Aldis for grocery shopping, of all things, and was getting SOAKED. It's supposed to snow tonight, though. That seems more appropriate :) Love to you this Christmas. I wish we could have a Peppermint Mocha together! Love, Danielle