Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Wish List

My Christmas Wish List.

In no particular order, for Christmas 2008 I really truly with-all-my heart want...
1. A play-date with Bec, Ellie and Blake.
2. A snowman building contest with Justine and Chris (we'd so win).
3. Lots of money to buy lots of (really cute!) Indian dresses I could (wish to)wear, then God's mercy of guilt to return each and every piece in exchange for something my husband and children really need.
4. Justice for my street-friends now-grown-adults who remain locked in bad habits and poor self-image. Amazing what street-life will do to a child-now-adult. Justice for all?
5. The ability to master Hindi so I could speak at heart-level to neighbors and friends.
6. The desire to put that much sweat and tears into learning a third language.
7. The eradication of cockroaches.
8. The termination of child abuse and those who do it.
9. A snowflake. Not much. Just one.
10. To understand better, love deeper, listen intently and ask more questions before speaking.

Merry Christmas. May all your greatest wishes come true!

5 comments:

Susie said...

love it. May God grant you the desires of your heart and the eradication of the cockroaches. Merry Christmas!

Danielle said...

ooo. This is a good idea. I like your "grown-up Christmas list." (And Amy Grant :) )

Anonymous said...

You are precious! I love that you tossed in the snowman building contest. I would have to say since you are out of practice we would have to let you win :)
Love you dear one!

Catherine said...

I have absolutely no cockroaches, and a TON of snowflakes. Seriously billions of them.

Renee said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Libby! 6 years later we still haven't seen the end of Cockroaches and my Hindi is still scattered