A friend from college just lost her best friend. Unexpected, she said. Shocking, of course. This friend of mine, we haven't spoken in years. Not for any reason than distance. But there she was today, on the notice board of Facebook sharing her shock and anguish. I love it, I hate it--Facebook and the way we moderns communicate. Because without it, my friendship with Kelly would be a Christmas card, and yet with it she is able to share the details about life. But today a horrible thing happened.
I'm so sorry for your loss today Kelly. Your husband was amazing and I know that because of how you adored him. You always wrote about him; he glowed through your photography, your energy, your smile.
Today I am reminded that friendship is--it must be--more than an "I accept your friendship." Because when Life gets nasty-ugly, the broken need a friend that is more than the push of a button to "accept"or "decline." As if I hold the world in the palm of my hands. As if.
1 comment:
As I return from an all-night drive from a dear friend's funeral, all I can say is - good thoughts, thank you.
Post a Comment