Monday, June 09, 2008

Today is Week 28, or Third Trimester or month 7

Today I enter into the world of Third Trimester. I still have 13 weeks of growth left! Some days I feel like a beached whale--other times I feel okay but most of the time I'm just totally aware of Life Inside.

Almost two years ago I wrote these two journal entries when I was pregnant with my firstborn. Today on June 2008, I am once again at the first day of my third trimester. Here is what I was feeling back then...and I even live to tell about it today.

Nov 21, 2006. Today is the first day of my third trimester. Week 28. I have to give birth to my baby at some point and that time is drawing near. The more I think about it, the more nervous and inexperienced I feel. But I am. I've never done this before. That's the whole problem. But regardless of my feelings, He knows all the outcomes. He knows the pain and fear and he's already seen me through it. My dreams involved a little blond-haired boy totally stealing my heart, mind and soul.
And then a little poem from month 8..
Today is Monday and I am Tired Of
being this pregnant
of getting fatter by the day
of feeling housebound
of not working out
of missing Oprah
of trying to be creative in my cooking
of an empty fridge
of huge grocery runs for only TWO of us
of this protruding belly
of scratchy burning skin
of being close but far from friends
of not being ready for Christmas
of swollen fingers
of red swollen ankles
of not being able to walk two steps without pressure on my bladder
of the beginning stages of waddling
of great "highs" shadowed by "lows"
of my arm pits sweating allll the timmmme
of long looks and points
of not being able to drink tons of Diet Coke
of feeling guilty when my sweet tooth attacks and wins
of knowing if I've read enough on baby sleep habits
of wondering if I'll live through delivery
of food
of water
of my inflexible body
of friends telling me how great I look when we all know I'm fat and red
of unanswered emails
of this haircut that makes me look like a mom
of only having two t-shirts to wear
of trying to look skinny
This Too Shall Pass. And it did!

4 comments:

Susie said...

I hear you on the "I'm tired." Due date was yesterday.... I'm tired of people asking me how I'm feeling, predicting when, advising castor oil or walks, being pregnant...

Best wishes on the last third!
Susie

Catherine said...

Wow - 3rd Trimester. You did it and you can do it again!!

Jesse and Sarah said...

Hey Libby. I think we are within a week of each other. I'm due Sept 1 and hoping I won't be much earlier than that as Jesse is in Tanzania until mid-Aug. I'm going to look through your blog some more.
Sarah

Liana said...

YES! You have verbalized the emotions & thoughts so well! I saw someone running the other day and thought, Will I ever be able to do that again? And, passing storefronts with manequins in bikinis - amazed that a stomach can actually be flat!? It seems so distant from me! But more importantly, the daily 2 t-shirts that still fit, food sounds gross - now i'm craving everything, how can i possibly have to pee again...
i love you libby! i can't wait to meet your #2 and introduce you to my #1!