
Many of you have read about our househelper Sujatah. She came to our family when I was 7 months pregnant with Shane and has continued to be an integral part of our household. Loyal, dependable, hardworking, loving, compassionate, follower of Jesus. These are the words that describe her. But two days ago Sujatah came to me and said that she must leave. Her three young daughters are not doing well in school and she worries that her absence from the home has attributed to their "less than ideal" report cards. Because education means an open door to a world of opportunities, how we cannot deny her children this right? We can't. But this doesn't mean it's been easy. I am sad that our relationship is ending. I am disappointed too, but still trying to pin-point the source (thus the ongoing headache). And a piece of me is frustrated that our generosity isn't enough to win the war against poverty. So.... I feel a lot of things. But one thing I
do not feel is anger towards Sujatah. Over the last 48 hours, with tears in my eyes I have said, "I am not angry. I am sad and disappointed, but at
you I am not angry."
And I'm not. I'm happy to say that.
3 comments:
Oh Libs... I'm so sorry to hear this. What a dear friend and help she has been. You will all be in our prayers. Hugs! -Anna
Oh Libs. I'm sorry you to have to say goodbye. Glad to hear you're not angry, but oh the disappointment, especially after so much prayer was put into finiding a good one. Looks like we'll have to be praying for the next one!
got to your blog via Two Square Meals. first off - welcome to India. We're a crazy bunch but you will love us!
i've spent an hour reading your older posts and love your perspective.
i am sorry to hear about the maid situation. you seem to have taken it in your stride. I am still struggling to find dependable help to leave my babies with so you have my sympathy and my best wishes!
I blog at http://thebratthebeanandbedlam.wordpress.com. Stop by when you can!
Post a Comment