Thursday, December 20, 2007

Puddle Tromping

A new year approaches. 2007 will soon be a part of our histories, part of our "remember when" memories.

I decided to give this place of reflection, poetry and thought a face lift in honor of a new year. It's not final quite yet, there are still some odds and ends to work on. I'm still working the title too, but it'll come. It'll come...

My goal in writing is to be as genuine and real as I can muster up the courage to be, about the nitty-gritties of life. Although Truth is definitely Truth, I do not believe that life is dominated by black-and-white answers, as in easy to answer answers. Maybe it's the journey to Truth that muddles the black and white into puddles of grey. It's in those puddles of a not-so-perfect world that tightly-bound picture-perfect answers do not suffice.

And so I want to taste each new day through the eyes of a child. This innocence, this unstoppable joy, this trust of others, this playfulness. Tasting through the eyes you ask? Exactly. I want to taste my experiences. And if I tromp through the puddles for not only myself but for and with others as well, then the journey may still be messy, but at least it'll taste good.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I like the new look. And what a great idea to have the current time on display!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just want to wish you a very Merry Christmas! It was great to see you this fall, short but sweet, and I look forward to seeing you next month. Bonnie

Catherine said...

Yes, yes EXACTLY. This is what I want from my blog too. And I love the new lay out...though I also loved "Great Expectations."