Tuesday, August 21, 2007

He will be up

In about three minutes Shane will be up from his first of three naps for the day. He will want to eat first. That's the most important part of the day. But once he's done, he will be up and running. Not literally, not yet. Nevertheless I am seeing images of a crawling, poking, running, grabbing baby more and more as the days and sometimes the hours pass. At 16 lbs (at 6 1/2 months) our baby is growing in every possible way. I made a moo-moo sound yesterday just in passing, and Shane began to giggle. I continued making animal noises and to his greatest delight. Ben took Shane to a door handle he was aching to get his hands on, and as the door creaked, the baby shook with giggles. These are fun discoveries for both us and Shane.

He wants to stand too. Locking chubby knees this is Shane's favorite position. What will tommorrow bring? I can only imagine.

Here's to growing, exploring, giggling, locked-kneed babies!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Cutie!