I'm so disappointed. Splash is closing for the winter, and will re-open Feb. 1st.
That's only 1.5 months, but I was really counting on spending my last trimester of pregnancy in the water, freeing my weighted body in weightless submersion.
Splash is a swimming pool I've frequented for the last six months. Behind four high walls lined with tall trees and under the blue, blue morning sky I swim laps. And I'm just not ready to give this up, even if it is winter in India. Lows are dropping to 75 F in the early mornings and late evenings. We've pulled out the fleece blanket, are wearing jeans and on rare occasions zip up a sweatshirt in the cool of the day. Just this afternoon Ben and I sipped tea on the front porch....without the fan on! No joke. Winter has come.
I tried to convince the owner of the pool that I would still come to his pool even if the other members did not. Bundled up in his jacket and woolen cap, he smiled at me, "But ma'am, Winter Season!" Silly, silly me.
If only the natural high wasn't so addictive. If only the sky didn't glimmer so blue and clear and the breeze blow so sweetly as I swam. If only the water wasn't so perfectly temperatured. Ah yes, it is winter in India. But I'm just a girl from the west thirsting for the cool of Oregon's Fall. I thought it had arrived but apparently I was wrong. It's not Fall at all. It's Winter.
Sigh. I will flex with Mother Nature. She wins again.
1 comment:
Do they really bundle up there in the "winter?" I suppose it it all relative! We see that here in CA too. Coats are just really a fashion statement but not really necessary. Silly, huh? We miss Oregon in the fall too. There is nothing else like it.
Post a Comment