
"Is this where we're supposed to chase each other around the room and joyously hug?" That was my darling husband's response when I showed him the pregnancy test. Three days later he looked at me and said with great emotion, "I'm not gonna be able to sleep in again for the rest of my life." We're taking the news in stride, baby.
Can you see our Little Spott? This was her/his first photo shoot. Pretty photogenic, just like mom and dad. We're pregnant, and she/he is our most precious gift. I don't even know you yet, little one, but I do at the same time. This beating heart, this finger-and-toes-and-button nose is being knit inside my womb. I am awed, almost every day, with the miracle of conception... a miracle that keeps on growing and giving and surving within.
Since then, we've seen two ultrasounds, exprienced some major mood swings, planned a healthy diet full of fruits and veggies, and have begun reading "the books." To answer a few commonly asked questions:
1. When are you due? Feb. 13th-ish. I am just starting my fourth month.
2. Are you having the baby in India? Yup, we planned from the start to have our children in India.
3. Have you felt sick? Nope. Nada. Nothing. And no craving for pickles either.
4. What is your hospital like? We have a great hospital called Fernandez Hospital that caters only to women. It's a clean facility with friendly staff and 21st century medical practices.
5. Who's your doctor? My doctor is Dr. Evita Fernandez (no, she doesn't own the hospital). She was trained in the UK, and has an incredile mix of professionalism and friendliness (not to mention how relaxed she is!). She advises me to "Have fun, eat right, listen to your body, and... have fun."
6. Will you find out the sex of the baby? Nope. Due to high levels of female infanticide (disappointed mothers wanting a boy-child dispose of their unwanted female foetus), inquiring about the sex of the baby is a "punishable crime." I don't want to give birth in jail, so we will not be inquiring or aquiring this information.
7. What's the arrow pointing to in the ultrasound? The ultra-sound doctor was particularly fond of our little one's American nose. She pointed it out and we all cooed. Well, Ben smiled.
To share in our journey and hear more baby news during this fun time (fun, as recommended by my doctor), I'll be posting at Spotts Family. (The actual website address is http://www.spottsfamily.blogspot.com/.)
7 comments:
Libby,
I'm so excited to see the picture of your baby. Thanks for sharing. We can't wait to meet our new little nephew or niece.
Congratulations!!! He/she is adorable!
Can't wait to hear more!!!!
Have I mentioned how excited I am for you, Libby?!?!?!??!
But let me amend Ben's statement: "I'm never gonna get to sleep in again" should actually read "I'm never gonna get to SLEEP again."
:) It is SO worth it. I actually am thrilled to wake up at 3am if it means I get to spend time with my beloved little bundle.
I will add my congratulations to the list. It's great to get to see a picture so soon. Thanks for sharing it!
A message for baby Spotts - We hear that your daddy loves to get up REALLY early, so don't be afraid to wake him up at your slightest discomfort. He'll be right there like "Johnny on the Spot" - well, except that his name is "Ben" . . . anyway, no worries. Wake him anytime day or night - he can't wait. :)
CONGRATS!
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! Guess that means more people will come to visit you, as well. Great ultrasound photo!
Libby! How wonderful! It will be so fun to read progress reports! I'm thrilled for for you and Ben!
Post a Comment