Friday, February 17, 2012

My First Supermom Book

My three year old was recently given "My First Superman Book." As I read it, it suddenly dawned on me like a flash of superhero lighting: "This book is really about mom's!" This is my version and I had to tweak just a mere few words. Because there really isn't that much difference between Superman and Supermom (besides the whole male/female bit)


My First Supermom Book

Supermom has superpowers. She is very strong. 
Supermom has X-ray vision--she knows what's going on behind the wall (It's too quiet!!).

When Supermom is not using her superpowers, she is disguised as (your name). When people are in trouble she becomes Supermom.

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Supermom!

Supermom goes to a special place called the Fortress of Solitude when she wants to be alone (this is by far my favorite line in the entire five-paged book). 

When Supermom isn't saving the world and locking up bad guys, she likes to hang out with anything that doesn't fill a diaper or talk back with Scooby-Dooby-Doo slang.


The End.

Goodnight Supermom's around the world. 
But keep your cape on. You may have to save the world at midnight.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

That is too good!!!

Catherine said...

LOVE this! (and to midnight I will add "and 1am...and 2:30am...and 3:45am...and...)

Jennifer Lauver Magalski said...

I made a similar discovery when reading my daughter's Wonder Woman book. We are Wonder Woman!