You're all wrapped up. So newborn.
Squeaky noises, flaking skin, rolly-polly. Rough-edged fingernails, curling toes and frog-bent limbs.
Sleepy so sleepy, nursing with eyes closed and occasional open eyes. You are so newborn.
You were all wrapped up inside me, not wanting to come out. Surely you wanted to meet me!, just as much as I longed to meet you. And wrap you up in my arms. But you lingered. A little while and a little while longer until we began to wonder... about you and your habits, your frog-like limbs and your newborn skin. Your curled toes and sucking lips. Your rough-edged fingernails and rolly polly body so wrapped up, as tight as can be in my womb.
You took a bit of coaxing. Your dad and I walked in circles 'round the hospital floor. People watched and wondered with us. I felt no pain. Only lots of pressure from your wrapped-up body pressing deeply into mine.
We knew what to do but you knew better. My body felt familiar signs of labor and then...you began...to descend...
From the day of your conception, I have had no say in your life and growth. You are uniquely and totally His. My body pretended to reject you with blood I haven't known before and I wept because I knew my illness could steal you away from me. But your story was not that one; your story took a different path. You proved me wrong, you and Your Maker showing me once again, that there is a Love I will never be able to wrap my head around, a love that surprises and challenges, frustrates and delights sometimes all at the same time.
And so I'm all wrapped up. In your little body wrapped inside mine now wrapped in my arms. You life in this family also was and always will be.
Precious, so precious. Our newborn, our Snuggles, our frog-like, curly-toed, flaking skin, squeaky one.
Squeaky noises, flaking skin, rolly-polly. Rough-edged fingernails, curling toes and frog-bent limbs.
Sleepy so sleepy, nursing with eyes closed and occasional open eyes. You are so newborn.
You were all wrapped up inside me, not wanting to come out. Surely you wanted to meet me!, just as much as I longed to meet you. And wrap you up in my arms. But you lingered. A little while and a little while longer until we began to wonder... about you and your habits, your frog-like limbs and your newborn skin. Your curled toes and sucking lips. Your rough-edged fingernails and rolly polly body so wrapped up, as tight as can be in my womb.
You took a bit of coaxing. Your dad and I walked in circles 'round the hospital floor. People watched and wondered with us. I felt no pain. Only lots of pressure from your wrapped-up body pressing deeply into mine.
We knew what to do but you knew better. My body felt familiar signs of labor and then...you began...to descend...
From the day of your conception, I have had no say in your life and growth. You are uniquely and totally His. My body pretended to reject you with blood I haven't known before and I wept because I knew my illness could steal you away from me. But your story was not that one; your story took a different path. You proved me wrong, you and Your Maker showing me once again, that there is a Love I will never be able to wrap my head around, a love that surprises and challenges, frustrates and delights sometimes all at the same time.
And so I'm all wrapped up. In your little body wrapped inside mine now wrapped in my arms. You life in this family also was and always will be.
Precious, so precious. Our newborn, our Snuggles, our frog-like, curly-toed, flaking skin, squeaky one.
8 comments:
Libby this is precious, just so sweet and precious! Your words made me cry (seems I've been doing a lot of that lately)...so pure and true. Your little Bella is a true beauty too. Thank you for sharing...makes me want to meet my little men growing inside of me!
Sarah (Nederveld) Giere
This is really beautiful, Libby.
Oh Libby...here you have me crying two posts in a row...
Beautiful Libby!! Absolutely beautiful.
So, so happy for you and your family and beautiful, beautiful Bella. What an appropriate name! I wish I could squeeze her and her momma right now. Love you, Danielle
Hello and Congrats Libby! I just love reading your blogs! (Bens too) Your last several have been very moving being a Mom... so thank you for sharing your heart with us. You are often in my thoughts.
peace & love
Sara Wiggs
Beautiful, Libby. Keep this post for her later in life for sure!
Post a Comment