| | A |
| Cake....of course! |
 |
| The sweetest thing. |
We love Asha for so many reasons. Her place in our family is no natural and so how it's supposed to be. We just can't imagine life without her. The two things people first say when they see Asha is, "Love those curls," and "Is she always this happy?" Yes and yes. Our number three is happyhappyhappy. Some things that make us smile when we think about Asha is how she lights up when she sees her brothers and how she weeps when they leave the room without her. Sometimes she thinks she's one of the boys, but at other times she reminds them how tender and fragile she can be. Shane gives rough hugs, Lukas gives gentle pats and kisses (then announces to everyone in the room "I give kisses"), and Daddy is learning how to rough-house with a little girl. When Asha takes a spill and lands up on her back with a sob, the boys run over with anxious looks and cover her with attention. Other times they yell out "Mooooooommy! Get Asha away!!"
I call her my security blanket. I feel safe when she's near me. I love it how she does circles around me. I love how she crawls into my lap. I love her shriek of joy when she sees daddy. I love those curls and blues.
A dear friend told me a few months ago that Asha doesn't just mean Hope. He said that Asha means a tenacious belief in a vision. It is the hope of all hopes. It is more than a wish or dream, but a fast-holding-on of a belief in what is good... what is good Will Happen.
I know that Asha is not mine but that she's been given to me for this time on earth. I thank God for her life. Happy Birthday Asha.
No comments:
Post a Comment