Saturday, August 21, 2010

Michigan

Michigan here I come! This morning at 3:45 my dad will wake me up and we'll head to the airport where I will catch a flight to MI. I will be gone five days while hubby and the kiddos get some serious play time together. What a wonderful man, even as he blesses me off. So let's see, I have packed my suitcase. I have packed four pairs of shoes and I know for a fact I will wear ONE pair--the flip flops--the entire time. But I like to think that because I'll be without kids, I'll feel more daring and trendy. I packed jewelry--more than my daily earrings and small chain necklace. I have my "fancy" stuff with me, because I think that without kids, I'll be able to wear it without being pulled on etc. But you and I both know the normal every day jewelry will pretty much remain in place the entire five days I am gone. I packed a few causal dresses and one item I am CERTAIN I will finally want to wear.. because of course I will, because I am without kids.

Time for sleep. This mom's anxious for sleep. Then again, I could sleep on the plane. Or read a book or listen to music. I used to do that four years ago. When I was without kids. My how life has changed.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Michigan??? That is so, so SO close to me!!! Augh!! Is it your girls week?