While my kids fill my heart the fullest and my husband makes me laugh the hardest, there are many things I enjoy. Here are three.
1. Cutting my own hair. There is absolutely no method to my endeavors. But it's fun! It all started from an appointment where the stylist completely refused my request. He simply would not cut shorter. Being the Short Hair Girl that I am (I've tried and tried miserably being a Long Hair Girl), I was begging my stylist to cut shorter, shorter please! So eight months ago, pregnant and high on hormones and low on tolerance I took charge. It began quite haphazardly and is still a pretty careless cut. But I get cheap thrills knowing I can vary my hair week by week (if not day to day) and am thoroughly enjoying myself.
2. Exercising on the elliptical. I lust after forest trails but have made my peace with indoor cardio. It's my favorite way to end the day.
3. Sewing. Not to be mistaken with sewing. I'm not interested in following patterns or reading books on patters or seeing pictures on patterns. What I am interested in and having a blast with and having lots of trial and err in, is alterations. I just love nipping and tucking, tearing and putting back, sewing up or sewing down. You can change the whole look of a top just a few alterations here and there.
So when the boys are sleeping and the meals are cooked and the day is closing, I may be found enjoying cheap thrills of hair experimentation, exercising or looking for an article of clothing that needs a little nip and tuck.
2 comments:
Libby- I saw your blog listed on Erin's page and it was wonderful getting to read about your life and to see your boys- they are so darling. Good to see that you and Ben are doing well. Take care of yourself and may God continue to bless you. ~Holly
Lib, I've picked up sewing again during Lillian's nap time . . . my latest endeavor . . . DIAPERS!! Yes, I'm totally insane. Making my own diapers, both for Lillian and baby # 2, and it's great, they work WAY better than disposables, are SOOO much cheaper than buying cloth or a diaper service, and it's so invigorating!
Post a Comment