Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday

Tomorrow, on Dec. 30th, I will be thirty-three years old. I think it's a good thing to be venturing into my 30's. This is good. Tomorrow also means that my Luke is one-day away from four-months old. Those first three months in particular were a bit rough, but we're past that now and moving forward, looking at bright smiles, and coos. Better yet is the simple but distinct eye-glances and brotherly secret exchanges between Shane and Luke. During a quiet moment, Shane slipped off the couch from Daddy's arms and came over to Luke who lay in mine. Sitting down beside us, he rested his little head right into Luke's small frame. His own initiative, his own not-yet-two-year-old "I love you." They snuggled head to head. I didn't move a muscle holding in the moment with all my breath. Totally, blissfully, sappy happy.

There is no material possession that could satisfy more. This sappy girl already owns the world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Friend.

Amy H said...

Those tender moments are the best, aren't they? There is nothing like them! Parenthood is about 50x better then I ever imagined it could be.
Happy Birthday, Libby!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Libby!

生日快乐!

Sukhaloka said...

Happy Birthday Libby :)

My captcha for this comment says "exteerse", which I find somewhat close to "ecstasy" - even if that's my imagination running a bit wild. Just wanted to share.

Heather Olander said...

Happy Birthday My Sweet Friend. I love how you love your boys! Breathe it in babe! I love you!