I've got it bad! Pregnancy brain is what they call it and I'm first in line. I was doing fine until a few weeks ago and suddenly I can't tell what's up, what's down. Let me count thy ways.
I had an international phone-date or skype with a friend. On yellow paper in green pen in bold letters stuck to my computer, I'd written a reminder. A note on my calendar was also added. I told my husband, "Tonight I have a phone date." After dinner I did some email catch-ups and 45 minutes into it I received a note from my friend inquiring, "Are you online?" Well, I thought, isn't this a coincidence! She's online, I'm online. I wonder if she wants to talk? Maybe I should call/skype her! What a novel idea. The reminder note stuck boldly in front of my face with blaring green pen did not work after all.
A girlfriend was over for our weekly lunch-date. We were on the couch chatting and halfway into our talk (I, wondering to myself what I'd do after she left) she said, "So... are we still going to run to the market?" I looked at her in surprise. What? Huh? I needed a second. Oh yeah! A few days ago we'd made plans to run errands together. Packing up the baby and my brain, we headed into town.
A group of friends were coming over for food and games. The first family arrived and my husband was telling them about the other two families joining us (but running late). I looked at my husband in absolute, honest surprise. I thought it was just one other family, I mentioned under my breath. "Pregnancy brain," he muttered back as I scooted off to set more plates for the "new" guests.
There are more stories but I can't remember them. I seriously have a sense, even now, that I'm forgetting something. Am I supposed to be returning a phone call, or is someone coming over for dinner? Who's that at the door and should I know them?
I left my "remembers" somewhere, but I can't remember where. If you remember, please remind me who, what, why, where, and when.
4 comments:
Oh, I've been there. You know, they have done some research into this and found there is one gender that causes more of this than the other. But I won't tell you which one lest I get you into trouble. :)
I wish I could tell you that it goes away after number 2. There were many times when I'd try to form words while I was in meetings with Pastor John and Dean, but I couldn't seem to figure out what the word was. I was convinced I was having a stroke.
We think of you and your beautiful family often...
I had to laugh at this one Lib's - this is a fun little snapshot of all the mommies around. So cute. By the way - I am all caughtup on my readings :) Loved every inch of it. Thank you for wearing your heart on your sleeve...or blog. You are the best! Love you and am sending you lots of hugs and kisses.
Justine...you do remember me right?
Justine.... humm.. of course I do!;)
Post a Comment