Sunday, December 30, 2007

It's not so hard being 32

I turned 32 years old today. It wasn't a very hard task at all. I, in fact, did it all day long and live to tell about it.

First there was church in the morning since it is Sunday. There, many friends "wished me" and asked where their piece of cake was. After that, before lunch, just right on time Ben sent me on a small scavenger hunt for three wonderful gifts; a yummy scent called Just Pink, a BBC production of Charles Dickens classic Bleak House that is 426 minutes long (don't be jealous!), and an all time favorite personalized calendar with pictures from 2007. If and when one turns 32, a good and tasty cake is also in order. Mine was fresh strawberry cake with pink frosting. My first pink cake. It tasted as young as I am. I also heard from my parents and inlaws in the USA today. The afternoon was spent with seven friends who think 32 is a number not all too unattainable. Some wild-fun Brit's were in town that we call our good friends. So tonight they and us ate a homemade meal, sipped champagne, ate a bight or two of that pink cake, played a game, and took pictures. If you catch them at the right time, Brit's are a lot of fun.

Now here it is 11:02 p.m. and I survived my first day at 32. Not so bad. It's late and the pictures will have to be posted tomorrow.

Turning 32. Why not try it sometime?

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I'll be trying it in about nine months, so I appreciate the head's up. Happy Birthday Libs!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Libby! What I wouldn't give to be turning 32! (just hit 35 mark on the 26th). Hope you had a fantastic birthday!

--Carie

Heather Olander said...

Happy Birthday Libby! I love you!