Sunday, November 04, 2007

Arrived and Well,...

We arrived at 3 a.m on our doorstep, the entire trip across the oceans and seas and lands and mountain scape's taking a total of 27 hours.

We arrived with all baggage, all carry-on's and all fatigue that those hours could accumulate whilst attempting sleep on airplane. Ben and I got snatches of rest here and there. Shane slept soundly in my arms for more than half the trip. Wow. My backside was numb, but I was happy to accommodate.

We arrived and well, I still don't like jet lag. Last night I lay in bed checking the clock every hour from 2 a.m. until 5 a.m. I looked over at Ben willing him to wake up and chat with me. There's a lot to discuss during jet lag wakefulness, like why our prayers do or do not get answered and if there's enough eggs in the fridge for an omelet at breakfast. But he didn't wake because I didn't will him enough, so I lay there and worked out the mysteries of life by my lonesome self.

At 7 this morning Shane woke up him-self thus us-self, so we all gathered around the breakfast table. The oatmeal tasted good, and Ben only burnt his toast once....

It's good to be home.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Welcome home. :)