
I like this.Yeah, I do. It's been another day, but not just another day. It's 9:15 p.m. I am tired yes, exhausted no. I like that.
I like running into old friends and talking like always, every time, everyday even though it's been 2 years.
I like the leaves falling crispy and crunchy like carmel corn, colorfully dressed in golden yellow, pumpkin orange and chocolate brown.
I like this fruit-based sorbet, the lemon and raspberry flavors mixing in my mouth. This is one of my favorite favorites of all favorites. I miss sorbet in India. I like this tonight.
I spoke to a room filled with children tonight, maybe 100 in all, about India and my family living there. And when I asked if they had any questions, one little boy said, "I like to ride my bike." I like that.
I visited friends who have important titles and powerful jobs in an important office today and we stood around cooing and wooing at the dribbling baby who wouldn't stop smiling and making important people talk like babies. I really like that.
It's cold out and I like that.
My friend turns 31 tomorrow and we're spending the day "just being" and I like that.
My baby is sitting up on his own, rocking on his knees, and babbling dadadadadada. Sigh. Like it.
Tomorrow in a new day. Anything is possible. And I like that.
3 comments:
Ah...I like THIS...
I'm glad you're feeling content right now. I'm feeling a little frazzled, so your contentment woos me to be more at peace. I love you.
Danielle
Libby, Thanks for sharing a few of your favorite things. What a cute little guy you have. As I told Ben this morning, sorry I haven't met him in person, also that I haven't seen you this NW visit. It was terrific to have Ben at the H. consultation this morning. John
Post a Comment