Saturday, February 17, 2007

These First Days: Naps

I’ve never been a napper. But these days it comes naturally. My head spins as I lay down, but within moment the weight of my body and its release to sleep overpowers my thoughts within. They say (who’s they anyway?) that new mom’s should sleep when the newborn sleep. So that’s what I’m doing. By evening if that nap hasn’t happened, I’m fatigued. So I’m forcing myself, and my husband is strongly suggesting, the practice of naps.

That’s where I’m supposed to be right now.

But I can’t sleep. Because Shane’s in the other room and he’s making all sorts of sleepy dreamy faces and I don’t want to miss out on one single moment of his life.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Libby,
Naps are a gift from God. Embrace them, love it, cuddle them and nurture them. :-) I'm serious. It took me way too long to stop feeling guilty about taking a nap (so many other things to do...). Naps rock! I look forward to mine almost every day. God made naps, so naps are GOOD!
Love,
Jenn