I have nothing profound to offer you today. I have nothing to offer besides the ordinary. I LOVE words--I love poetic, deep-thinking provactive words. But I don't have any right now. I don't even have a deep thought about some new and profound conviction. So I thought--I'll simply state this fact.
I'll tell you about my day.
This morning I walked on the treadmill. Then I came home and made Ben an Indian-style lunch. Then the plumber-man, the AC man, and a friend all showed up at the same time. No problem. Then I ran to the grocery store where I stocked-up on juice, milk, orange-flavored cookies (Ben loves orange cookies. I don't get it), salted peanuts, chips, some form of meat (mutton I believe--this will be a first), yogurt, and a few other choice items. Then when I was locked out of the house with eight bags of groceries and drizzling rain, a friend gave me the extra keys to our home for such a time as this. Then I unlocked the door. And took a nap---kinda. The nap when you never fall asleep "but it's really good just to lay down." Then Ben and I took a stroll to a nearby market after dinner to buy three newspapers.
Today I am not profound. I am simply Libby. Happy and content.
3 comments:
But Libby is good...
Good for you, Libs! I too love to blog when I have profound insights to share...but I've been enitrely dry lately as my mind and body are entirely consumed with one topic only. :) Thanks for keeping us updated even so!
it's encouraging to know that we can't always be profound...it's actually comforting to share in each other's routines of daily life and realize know matter where we live life is pretty similar (eat, shop; enjoy marriage, life, and our creator, etc.) thanks for sharing the simple Libby.
-Kelly
Post a Comment