I’m healing.
Forward.
Towards the sunset where a new moon rises
And on the other side of the world
The night wraps itself in the new light of morning.
A zillion stars wink in wonder at their vast, mysterious beauty
And fade into the day.
My healing has been vast and mysterious
No razor-edged boundary to string a line from A to Z.
My healing is mysterious.
There is no specific day to mark the moment I reconciled with forgiveness
Or released painful memories to life's history books.
My healing is nailed to the cross
And held by Him whose hands are torn
With a love that knows no boundary, and has no limit
Into the vast mysteriousness of healing.
Why do I write about healing? In eight days, my husband and I will be landing in Calcutta, India. On our way home from language school (here in Mussoorie, India), we will “drop in” on the city of Mother Theresa. Five years ago I left Calcutta, and it’s time to return. Our visit will last 4.5 days with plans to do little else but sip chai and refresh our relationships of lost years. I will treat Ben to Calcutta’s finest luxury of sweet curd/yogurt and sugar-soaked donut balls (gulab jamun). We will visit Mother Theresa’s burial sit and Oxford Bookstore too, where Academy award-winning documentary, Born into Brothels, displayed the art-work of the children of Calcutta’s prostitutes.
Sounds like an adventure. So why this poem? Because returning to Calcutta is personal. Very personal. If I had bruises to mark a five year-journey I would show you! But I don’t. I only have a heart endeared to God. All I have to show you, really, is me on the other side alive and anxious, prepared and prayer-filled, empowered and contagiously giddy. No sob story to share.
That’s life. At its worst. At its best. But it all belongs to Him.
2 comments:
Libby - Hope you both have a time of refreshment as you reconnect with old friends and visit the memories of your time spent there. I love the movie "Brothels" and will never forget what one of the children said as he was struggling to embrace the gifts of time and attention of the team of film makers. "There is no word called 'hope' in my world." All the more reason for people like you and Ben to be making a difference in people's lives.
Blessings!
Libby - You embrace beauty in everything, and for that I love you. My ears are hear and I await your truths :) Thought and prayers my dead dear friend!
Justine
Post a Comment